Resources Resources For Songwriters

Sending CDs to radio

Fresh On The Net: Sending CDs to radio
95% of radio shows play music from a playlist. Here's how to improve your chances of the other 5% hearing your music.
KLF: The Manual - how to have a No.1 the easy way Fresh On The Net: The Manual by the KLF
The KLF's definitive 1988 masterpiece on how to create a monster hit record. No catches - genuine, certified 24 carat inspirational advice - absolutely free.(External link)
Peter Gabriel interview extract Fresh On The Net: Peter Gabriel
Interviewed by BBC Click in May 2007 about his We7 project, Peter Gabriel's views on the digital future for musicians.(External link)
Show Of Hands Interview Fresh On The Net: Show Of Hands
Having headlined the Royal Albert Hall 3 times with Show Of Hands, Steve Knightley shares his experiences of how to have a successful career outside the Record Industry.(External link)
BBC INtroducing Advice Pages BBC Introducing: Advice For Music Makers
Everything you need to know if you're making music: from getting the most out of your studio time, to taking your live show to the next level... (External link)

Musician Tips

Tips + Suggestions
Advice and encouragement for emerging artists: The Industry - Publishing - Solo Gigs - Lighting - Radio Play.
Useful links for songwriters Useful Stuff
How to prepare your CDs for sending to radio, free recording software with every Apple Mac, and links to the PA and CD pressing companies we use.

David Byrne article

David Byrne
Survival strategies for emerging artists. Brilliant, comprehensive article by DB on Wired website. (External link)
Dick Dale's advice for up-and-coming musicians Dick Dale
Video interview with Dick "King Of The Surf Guitar" Dale - a pioneer of surf rock and one of the most influential guitarists of the early 1960s. For his Wikipedia entry click here
top of page